- Do you aspire towards a career in the make-up industry?
- Want to gain the skills and experience needed to be a successful make-up artist?
- Do you want to take part in masterclasses and learn from the best in the industry?
Studying Media Make-up at Rotherham College will offer you a fantastic creative space to develop your skills and experience within the theatrical and media make-up industry.
You will have the opportunity to work on-location with models and performers and create looks for fashion and photography shoots and shows.
You will develop a broad range of creative and practical knowledge.
As a media make-up student you will be gaining skills in airbrush make-up and cosmetic camouflage, prosthetics and special effects techniques, creative hairdressing and styling, face and body art and much more.
- Hair and Media Make-up
- Theatrical and Media Make-up
- Specialist Make-up
You will train within our commercial hair and beauty salon, in our dedicated media make-up classrooms, taught by industry-experienced Lecturers.
Our students benefit from regular masterclasses and industry guest speaker sessions, as well as the option to enter into the World Skills UK competition, and other trade shows and make-up industry exhibitions.
Following the Media Make-up
route you could be:
- Freelance Make-up Artist
- Theatrical Make-up Artist
- Special Effects Make-up Artist
The Hair and Beauty department have regular visits from industry specialists that really improve the students’ learning experience and bring the course to life.