This is a course for those wishing to pursue a career in the make-up industry and work on location with groups of people including models and performers within the hair, media, theatre, fashion and photographic industries. Bespoke courses may be designed to meet individual needs.
You will develop practical skills in make-up, hair and body art and gain valuable work experience on location assisting with theatre productions, fashion shows and much more.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Designing and Creating Images for Fashion/Photography Shoots and Shows
- Airbrush Make-up, Face and Body Art and Cosmetic Camouflage
- Application of prosthetic pieces and special effects techniques
- Creative Hairdressing Design Skills
- Anatomy, Physiology and Cosmetic Science
- Create and cast prosthetics and bald caps
- Ageing and character make up
- Wig design and making
- Gain practical experience with a work placement within a hair and make-up salon
- Learn from industry-experienced and well-qualified tutors who have many years of industry experience and continue to work in the sector. They have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- Benefit from our links with local salons
- Enrichment opportunities include topics such as resilience, healthy eating and customer care
- You will have the opportunity to attend masterclasses and workshops with industry specialists in subjects such as special fx, make up, body art
- You will have opportunity to gain work experience to enhance your CV
- You will have opportunity to gain extra skills in enrichment days
- Attend trips such as the IMATs and MUA exhibitions
- Level 2/3 qualification within a creative area
- GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 or above, however can complete alongside the course
- A successful interview and workshop with a course tutor
- Flexibility to work on location in the evenings and weekends
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
Fd in Theatrical Hair and Media Make up BA (Hons) in Theatrical Hair Media Makeup at Rotherham College or other related course at another university.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit (further details will be provided at interview) and pay for educational visits which form part of the course.
“During my Apprenticeship, I figured out that I want to work in digital marketing in the future. The digital aspect appealed to me because I could see a tangible impact on the growth of business, by working with tools such as Google Analytics and social media platforms.”Chole Marriot Business Administrator Apprenticeship
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.