Free College Meals
If you do not receive any of the listed benefits, but have a household income of less than £16,190, please complete a financial support application form as you may still be able to receive help.
If so, complete a financial support application form and return it to Student Services to apply. You can download an application form here or pick up a form from Student Services.
A Meal allowance of £2.41 to use on healthy meal choices will be allocated per timetabled day. Learners can access a meal on college premises (allowance pre-loaded onto learner ID card) or meals maybe awarded using an alternative method.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC))
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after someone stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with net earnings not exceeding the equivalent of £7,400 p/a