This course will build your competence in welding and also gain a relevant qualification that will improve your skills and career opportunities. There are three individual routes that you can study:
Manual Metal Arc (MMA)
Metal Inert Gas (MIG)Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG)
· Complying with statutory regulations and organizational safety requirements.
· Using and interpreting engineering data and documents.
· Working efficiently and effectively in engineering.
· Manual metal arc welding (Optional)
· Metal inert gas welding (Optional)
· Tungsten inert gas welding (Optional)
- Work in our workshops with up to date industrial standard equipment
- You will gain employability skills as well as professional welding skills
- The Engineering department has strong links to industry in the local area
There are no formal entry requirements but you will need to demonstrate a good level of interest and commitment to your programme
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page or enquire at the campus reception for more guidance For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
Level 2 Welding
NVQ in Fabrication and Welding (Placement required)
Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
You will be required to wear appropriate PPE to each session (protective footwear, boiler suit)
“The course challenges me to work harder and is helping me to pursue my dream of being an underwater welder.”Kyle Maguire Level 2 Fabrication and Welding, former student at Winterhill School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.