The Performing Arts Level 2: Acting pathway creates opportunities to explore, experiment and creatively engage in fun and challenging interactive games and exercises that enable you to improve confidence in acting, singing and dance skills. You will also learn about working in the industry, professional development, lighting for the stage and devising original material.
As part of the course you will perform in front of a live audience. Working with your class, you will develop a play to perform and be given the opportunity to work in schools and external venues. You will work on your creativity, highlighting your strengths and developing them further. This course is one year long.
This course gives you an overview of acting, physical theatre, production arts, dance and musical theatre. Focussing upon building a solid foundation in performing arts skills you will investigate vocal projection and clarity, working together, performance discipline, body language and different forms and genres of theatre that will inspire and challenge you. You will learn the skills for progressing to further levels and gain insight into the world of the performing arts.
- Theatre, Drama and Performance Skills
- Comedy and Physical Skills
- Rehearsals and Performances
- The Business of Performing Arts
- Contextual Research in Performing Arts
- Practical Work in Workshops, Studios, Theatres and Outdoor Venues
- You work with industry level and experienced staff who will inspire and challenge you
- You will take part in residentials and competitions.
- You will work with other students on different course levels
- You will be able to perform in the College’s Studio Theatre and Amphitheatre as well as the opportunity to visit and perform at some of the most established theatre venues in the UK
Two GCSEs at grade 3 or above including English
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Performing Arts Level 3: Acting
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Community Arts
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
- Black flexible clothing
- All students will be required to pay a £35 enrichment fee at the start of the course to cover materials, performance costs and workshops. Students in receipt of bursary may be eligible for financial support through the college student services.
“College provides me with the skills and experience I need to progress onto university.”Sam Simmons Level 3 Music Performance Former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024- 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.