This course is a technical level qualification for those who wish to pursue a career as an employed/self-employed nail technician. You will develop the core practical skills in a wide range of nail enhancement treatments and the skills to consult with clients and successfully promote retail products.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Apply and maintain nail enhancements with Acrylic
- Gel polish
- Enhance nails using electric files
- Airbrush designs for nails
- Design and Apply Nail Art
- Anatomy and Physiology for Nail Services
- Health and Safety
- Client Care and Consultation
- Working with colleagues within Beauty related industries
- Gain practical experience with a work placement within a beauty salon
- Learn from industry-experienced and well-qualified tutors who have many years of industry experience and continue to work in the sector. They have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- Benefit from our links with local salons and industrial experts
- Enrichment opportunities include topics such as resilience, healthy eating and customer care
- You will have the opportunity to attend masterclasses and workshops in your subject areas to enhance your skills
- Attend trips such as the Beauty Therapy Trade Shows
Grade 4 in English and Maths, plus a Level 2 qualification in either Beauty, Hair or Media make-up.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit (further details will be provided at interview) and pay for educational visits which form part of the course.
“I enjoy coming to college and learning new skills to further my hairdressing career.”Ellie Reek Level 2 Hairdressing Former student at Swinton Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.