If you are passionate about performing live and gaining the knowledge to work within the music industry, then the Level 3 in Music Performance is the right course for you. While studying at college, you will learn about the music industry, music theory and performance.
You will develop your performance skills by undertaking a number of performance projects culminating in a series of live public performances. This course is one or two years long; following completion of year one (Level 3 Diploma in Music Performance and production) you can progress to year 2 to achieve the full Level 3 Extended Diploma in Music Performance and Production.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Ensemble and solo performance
- Music theory and harmony
- Music business
- Sequencing and recording
- Music and society
- Work in the Roland Academy with industry-standard equipment and software
- Gain vital work experience by participating in live public performances
- The course has excellent academic success rates and prides itself on how students secure a range of employment opportunities or move on to study in Higher Education upon completion
- Teamwork is pivotal to the modern music industry and our programme is specially designed to enable students from technology and performance pathways to study together and combine their skills.
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above preferably including Music, English and/or Maths (English or Maths is required as a minimum)
- A good practical knowledge of your instrument
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
- BA (Hons) in Popular Music Performance and Production at UCR in Rotherham
- A degree course at another establishment
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
“College provides me with the skills and experience I need to progress onto university.”Sam Simmons Level 3 Music Performance Former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.