Working in residential or nursing homes, domiciliary care, day centres or some clinical healthcare settings; Lead Adult Care Workers are frontline staff who work with adults with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives.
You will have responsibility for providing supervision, frontline leadership, guidance and direction for others, or will work autonomously, exercising judgement and accountability.
You will be instrumental in improving the health and wellbeing of those receiving care and support.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Job Role, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Values, Behaviours, Respect, Dignity and Human Rights
- Health and Wellbeing
- Professional Working and Development
- Behaviours including the 6Cs: Care, Compassion, Courage, Communication, Competence and Compassion
- Effective Handling of Information in Care Settings
- Personal Development in Care Settings
- Person-centred Approaches in Care Settings
- Equality and Inclusion
- Duty of Care in Care Settings
- Promote Safeguarding and Protection in Care Settings
- When you study with us you will be taught by staff with a wealth of experience from the sector. They will support your professional development
- The course is delivered via blended learning, online, and face to face within groups and on a one-to-one basis
- Attending College will give you the opportunity to share best practice and your experiences with your peers
- You will be given access to all College facilities, including our enrichment programme, and will be issued with a Student card
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the Adult Care sector and earn a salary while you learn
- You will learn new Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours and be able to transfer these skills into your working practice
- Access to a highly qualified Functional Skills team that will provide any support you need with your English and Maths
- No formal entry requirements
- You must be employed in an adult care setting
- You will undertake an interview and diagnostic tests before starting the course
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
Higher and degree level qualifications in care.
The fees for all apprenticeships are paid for by your employer. Employers access funding through the Apprenticeship Levy or their Digital Apprenticeship Service account. Employers can gain additional information from our apprenticeship team, contact email@example.com or call 01709 513147.
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.