Inspired by the great British sewing bee? Immerse yourself in your creativity and discover the joy of sewing with this short summer course. Learn how to be confident with a sewing machine, the basics of pattern cutting skills, seam construction processes and garment production. This practical course will familiarise you with the basics of sewing, culminating in the chance to make an item of clothing from pattern cutting to the finished product.
This course is 3 hours per week for 10 weeks on a Tuesday evening.
You will study:
- Machine sewing
- Toile production
- Designing simple garments
- Pattern cutting to individual measurements
- How to produce a different seams for different fabrics
- Production of a skirt
- You will have access to our large, professional fashion studio with industrial level equipment.
- You will be taught by industry experienced tutors
- You will learn the skills needed to make your own garment.
An interest in Garment Making
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You will also be asked to purchase/source your own fabric for your final garment.The course is delivered for 3 hours per week for 10 weeks on a Tuesday evening
“Coming to college has allowed me to develop more confidence to help prepare me for my next step in life.”Georgia Whitbread Level 3 Art and Design, Former student at Rawmarsh Community School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.