This course is taught over two years; however, each year is a separate qualification. You achieve a National Foundation Diploma on completion of year one and a full Level 3 Extended Diploma on completion of year two. You will further develop the knowledge skills and behaviours required to launch a successful career in health and social care.
Throughout the course you will complete a minimum placement of 100 hours in care/residential/day care centres for the elderly to further develop your communication skills, planning and running activities and basic care needs.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Anatomy and Physiology, Nutrition, Infection Prevention and Control
- Equality and Diversity
- Health and Safety
- Work Placements in Vocational Settings
You will have the opportunity to:
- Organise and carry out fundraising activities for charities
- Hear from guest speakers from various areas of the sectors provide valuable insights into the different services and organisations available in Rotherham
- You will be taught by industry specialists such as practicing nurses
- We also have strong links with the local hospitals, foundation trusts and teaching hospitals
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and Maths
- Or a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or Science at Merit grade or above, with GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 or above
- A clear Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and receive clearance from Occupational Health Services
- Positive references and interview
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 513355.
Foundation Degree in Professional Practice in Health and Social Care, Nursing or one of the allied health professions within the Health and Social Care Sector.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with fees.
You may be required to purchase a polo shirt and black trousers for your work placements as well as the relevant workbook to support your studies.
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2022-23 or 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.