Our Level 2 Hairdressing course will offer you the opportunity to develop your practical skills and knowledge of all aspects within the Hairdressing industry. You will be trained in preparation for a career in a commercial salon setting, utilising our on-site training salon; working on real paying clients and your peers.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Health and Safety
- Client Consultation
- Shampoo and Conditioning hair
- Cutting Women’s Hair
- Colouring and Lightening Hair
- The Art of Dressing Hair
- Scalp massage
- You will also learn employability skills such as customer care, communication, attendance, health and safety, confidence, self-presentation and interview skills.
- Learn from industry-experienced and well-qualified tutors who have many years of industry experience, and continue to work in the sector. They have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- Gain practical skills within our commercial and training hair and beauty salons
- Benefit from our links with local hair salons and employers
- Enrichment opportunities in health and safety and basic first aid
- Take part in cross college events and competitions
- Maths and English GCSEs at grade 3 or above
- Or a Level 1 qualification in Hair and Beauty Skills
- GCSE English and Maths qualifications can be completed alongside this course
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
- Level 3 Hairdressing
- Hairdressing Apprenticeship
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit (further details will be provided at interview) and pay for educational visits which form part of the course.
“I enjoy coming to college and learning new skills to further my hairdressing career.”Ellie Reek Level 2 Hairdressing Former student at Swinton Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.