This two-year course provides an opportunity for those who have an interest in graphic design to explore and develop their creativity which is stimulating and demanding and provides a supportive transition from further to higher education. We have an excellent team who cover a wide range of specialisms on this exciting course.
If you are interested in a career in the creative industry then this course will introduce you to illustration, animation, adobe suite, typography, drawing, printmaking, digital imaging and layout design, then this course is for you.
This is an exciting course made up of inspirational projects which integrates many different approaches to graphic design. You will work on live briefs set by industry professionals and be introduced to workshops, which will teach you a wide range of graphic design skills all taught in brand new fully equipped studios.
You will study a range of topics including:
- App Design
- Magazine Design
We have an excellent team who cover a wide range of specialisms on this exciting course. Through projects and experimental workshops, you will experience a variety of new graphic art and design media techniques in order to broaden your own visual experience.
- Our tutors are professional Graphic Designers who are passionate about their subject
- Groups are small which enables you to have one to one contact with all of your tutors
- You will work in a purpose-built Graphics studio fully equipped with brand new Apple Macs/Adobe Suite using state of the art computers to develop your skills in digital imaging
- Madrid, New York, Barcelona are just a few places the design students have visited over the last few years.
- Human Studio
- Sumo Digital
- Eleven Design
- Grimm & Co
- GF Smith
- Four GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths
- Alternative qualifications equivalent to the above will be considered such as BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Merit grade or above
- You will be invited to an interview together with a portfolio of your creative work to discuss
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
Once you have completed the course you can progress to:
- Foundation Degree in Graphic Design Level 4 and 5
- BA (Hons) in Graphic Communication Design
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
- Students will be expected to provide their own portfolio to carry/store their work in and pay for educational visits throughout the academic year.
- All other equipment is provided by the College.
“College has allowed me to focus on something I am passionate about and helped me gain a better understanding of the art industry.”Eddie Barlow Level 3 Art and Design Former student at Oakwood High School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.