This course is ideal for people who are new to the industry as well as those who have some hairdressing experience and want additional skills in short cuts.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Health and Safety Practice in the Salon
- Cutting Men’s Hair using barbering techniques
- Cut Facial Hair to shape
- Shampoo and blow dry
- Colouring men’s hair
- Learn from industry-experienced and well-qualified tutors who have many years of industry experience, and continue to work in the sector. They have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- Gain practical skills within our commercial and training hair and beauty salons
- Benefit from our links with local Barbers and employers
- Enrichment opportunities include internal competitions, customer care and product research
- Take part in cross-cross college events and competitions
- Level 1 or Level 2 Hairdressing
- GCSE maths and English grade 3 or above
- GCSE English and maths qualifications can be completed alongside this course
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
You will be expected to purchase a uniform and kit (further details will be provided at interview) and pay for educational visits which form part of the course.
“I enjoy coming to college and learning new skills to further my hairdressing career.”Ellie Reek Level 2 Hairdressing Former student at Swinton Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.