This Level 2 qualification provides learners with a range of carpentry and joinery skills and knowledge. Learners will also develop an understanding of the health and safety requirements for working in the construction industry, and the industry itself.
You will study a range of topics depending on the chosen pathway including:
- Construction Health and Safety
- The Construction Industry
- Undertake Structural Carcassing Operations
- Preparing and using Carpentry and Joinery Portable Power Tools
- Maintaining Non-Structural Carpentry Work
- Marking out Routine Joinery Products from Setting Out Details
- Producing Setting Out Details for Routine Joinery Products
- Manufacturing standard joinery products
- Setting up and operating cutting and shaping machinery
- First fix carpentry operations
- Second fix carpentry operations
- Work in industry-standard facilities
- Learn from industry professionals
- Develop wider skills such as employability and teamwork
- Undertake work placements wherever possible
- Participate in industry competitions and inter-college challenges
- Take part in enrichment activities such as golf, football and other activities
- Work in close partnership with local businesses
- Undertake work experience and meet with key employers in the trade
There are no formal entry requirements for learners undertaking this qualification. The qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area.The learner must be in a position to demonstrate the requirements of the qualification and have access to required assessment opportunities and relevant resources.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
- L3 Site Carpentry
- L3 Architectural Joinery
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with fees.
- If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
You will need to have safety footwear and usual pens and paper as required for studying
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2022-23 or 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.