Introducing our exciting photography short course designed exclusively for 19+ Adult learners seeking to explore their passion for capturing moments through the lens.
In just ten weeks, with three hours of engaging sessions each Tuesday evening, participants will embark on a transformative journey towards obtaining a Level 2 Certificate in Photography. This course offers an exciting exploration of photographic equipment, techniques, materials, and resources, empowering learners to develop and adapt a diverse range of photographic ideas, processes, and skills.
Aspiring photographers will delve into the dynamic world of photo imaging, gaining invaluable insights into the industry’s inner workings. Through captivating lessons on studio photography, students will master the art of lighting, composition, and understanding their impact on the discerning eyes of consumers.
Under the guidance of our experienced tutors, learners will explore various genres, techniques, and skills, fostering their unique artistic vision, attention to detail, and storytelling abilities. Our supportive learning environment encourages experimentation and personal growth, providing the perfect platform for budding photographers to flourish.
But that’s not all -completion of this course opens up opportunities for exciting avenues of further study in photography at higher levels. Successful graduates may have the opportunity to continue honing their critical and creative skills at a higher level, fuelling their passion and preparing them for a bright future in the field.
Join us for this captivating photography journey and unleash your creative potential. Enrol now to secure your spot in this stimulating course and embark on a path to becoming a skilled photographer with a recognized Level 2 qualification.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Manual Photography
- Studio Working Practices
- Studio Lighting
- Development of a professional portfolio to support your progression
- Learners will show that they know how to compose, study and produce photographic imagery.
- Receive guidance from the Tutor, learners will be able to select from a range of materials/methods with which they are familiar to produce a series of photographs
- Research photographic techniques and specialists in the craft.
- Organise resources needed to create effective photographic imagery.
- You’ll learn in fantastic facilities including our Photography studios, digital equipment and industry standard hardware and software
- You’ll be taught by a top team of talented and specialised staff
- We pride ourselves on providing a supportive environment
- Our teaching team have links with several industry specialists
There are no official entry requirements for this course, you just need to be 19+ and have an interest in and a desire to study creative photography.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
The qualification will support students to develop a portfolio of work, enabling you to progress to further adult and part-time courses as well as full-time creative course/s.
• Assistant Photographer• Press Photographer • Freelance Practitioner
Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
Learners will need to bring their own hard drive and SD card to support their studies.
“The tutors are helpful and the class sizes are small which allows you to get extra support when needed.”Olaf Tadorowski Level 1 Media and Photography Former student at Saint Pius X Catholic High School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.