The Level 2 Diploma in Art, Fashion and Graphics is a practical and experimental course that will encourage you to develop skills and techniques with a wide range of media and materials, focusing on the development of your own creativity and visual language. You will gather inspiration from primary and secondary source research and explore the formal elements that make up art and design. You will expand your knowledge of artists and creative movements taking part in educational visits that will influence your developing creative explorations.
You will work on a range of exciting and varied projects individually and as part of a team. These projects will include live briefs for external clients, work experience and personal projects. You will produce work to be exhibited at the end of the year and will be encouraged to enter your work into national competitions.
- You will develop your 2D and 3D visual communication skills
- Gain an understanding of contextual research, artistic movements and the work of artists and designer
- You will develop your skills in drawing, painting, printmaking, fashion, textiles, 3D, illustration and animation.
- You will take part in educational visits that will provide primary research to enhance and inform the quality of your work
- You will develop and produce work for an external client
- You will produce a final piece that will be exhibited in our end of year exhibition
- On this course, you will work with industry-standard facilities and be taught by industry professionals who will guide you on your journey to becoming a creative practitioner.
- You will have access to our professional art studios, laser cutter, screen printing, 3D workshop and full Adobe Creative Suite.
- Your work will be entered into national and international competitions.
- Participate in gallery and research visits to gather primary visual research.
- Develop employability skills and participate in real life art and design-based work experience with agencies such as Rotherham Hospital.
- Visiting artists and designers will give talks about their work to inspire and give an insight into the creative industries.
- Exhibit your work as part of the end of year art exhibition.
- Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above including either Maths or English.
- A completed Level 1 Qualification in an arts-related subject.
- A portfolio of art and design work.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
- Level 3 Art and Design
- Level 3 Fashion
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
Students are asked to purchase an art kit and to contribute to the cost of gallery visits.
“College has allowed me to focus on something I am passionate about and helped me gain a better understanding of the art industry.”Eddie Barlow Level 3 Art and Design Former student at Oakwood High School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.