Developed in consultation with employers in the animal care sector, this year long course enables you to develop behaviours and skills for success when applying for work. It reflects the skills and knowledge needed to do a job effectively and shows that you will be competent in Animal Care.You will be working with employers and at college with a variety of animals, developing your knowledge about animal health and care. You will be supported by our experienced staff to ensure you gain the best practices to take with you throughout your career.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Practical Animal Health
- Introduction to Animal Biology and Health
- Animal Care Work Placement
- Animal Welfare
- Animal Behaviour Assessment and Safe Handling
- Feeding, Accommodation and Moving Animals.
- During your studies, you will be able to make full use of the College’s working animal collection
- Employability skills, with excellent links with employers in industry. You will be required to carry out at least 75 hours of practical real-life work experience in industry.
4 GCSEs at Grade 3 or above to include English and Maths or A Level 1 Vocational Qualification plus English and Maths at Functional Skills Level 1
Mature learners with related work experience will be evaluated on an individual basis
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 513355.
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You will need to purchase your own Personal Protective Equipment:
- Steel-toe capped boots/wellies
“During my Apprenticeship, I figured out that I want to work in digital marketing in the future. The digital aspect appealed to me because I could see a tangible impact on the growth of business, by working with tools such as Google Analytics and social media platforms.”Chole Marriot Business Administrator Apprenticeship
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2022-23 or 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.