The Level 1 Award is a City & Guilds qualification which focuses on the basic practical principles for the absolute novice to build confidence and underpinning knowledge. You should be interested in the Construction Industry and/or developing some home DIY skills, if this is you, then this is the starting point.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Introduction to Health and Safety in Construction
- Preparing background
- Surfaces and applying render coats
- Preparing background surfaces and applying finishing coats
- Mixing materials and applying floating coats
- Learn from industry-experienced and well qualified tutors who have spent many years in the Construction Industry and have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- Participate in regular work placements to boost your skills
- Take part in cross-college events
- Hear from a range of guest speakers from the construction industry
- Benefit from our links with employers in the Construction Industry who can offer employment and apprenticeships
There are no formal entry requirements but an interest in working within the Construction Industry is essential.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 513355.
- Level 1 Diploma in Plastering
- Level 2 Diploma in Plastering
- Apprenticeship in Plastering
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances.
You will require steel toe capped work boots and general work wear
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2022-23 or 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.