This one-year course will enable you to generate a portfolio of art and design work to support your progression onto university level study. It will provide you with a valuable introduction to a wide range of creative disciplines, allowing you to explore before specialising.The Access to HE Diploma: Art and Design course is created to re-introduce students aged 19+ to art and design practice who wish to progress to study at Higher Education level.
Modules of study are offered in the following specialist subjects:
- Fine art, painting and drawing
- Textiles and printmaking
- Graphic design and illustration
- 3D design and sculpture
- Contextual studies
- Throughout the academic year, there will be masterclasses, educational visits and exciting opportunities for you to work on live briefs
- You will receive support and guidance from tutors who are practitioners with expert knowledge of the creative industries and have a good understanding of business practice
- Resources and studios are to an excellent standard, giving you the opportunity to develop your skills to reach your full potential
- Assignment briefs will challenge and encourage you to develop your specialist skills in order to progress to work as a practitioner, to work within the creative industries, or onto further study
- You will work with local employers and agencies to gain a good understanding of the industry
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above or equivalent
- Successful interview with a course tutor as part of the entry and guidance process
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
Once you have completed the course you can progress on to a wide range of Higher Education courses with us including:
- BA (Hons) in Fashion
- BA (Hons) in Fine and Applied Art
- Foundation Degree in Graphic Design
- BA (Hons) in Graphic Communication Design or progress onto university
Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
“During my Apprenticeship, I figured out that I want to work in digital marketing in the future. The digital aspect appealed to me because I could see a tangible impact on the growth of business, by working with tools such as Google Analytics and social media platforms.”Chole Marriot Business Administrator Apprenticeship
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.