A Supported Internship is a study programme aimed at giving young people (aged 16-24) with an Education, Health and Care Plan experience in the workplace within a supported environment.It is a platform for you to further develop your skills and experience in a structured way. You will take part in the programme with one of our partner employers and spend at least two days (10 hours) per week working in different areas to gain valuable experience with the support of an on-site Job Coach.You will spend approximately one day at College each week.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Employability Skills
- Personal Development and Independence
- While studying with us we will work with you to ensure that your maths, English and ICT skills are the best that they can be
- This course has an emphasis on being out in the work place developing valuable employability skills, you will spend the majority of your time with an employer
- You will gain employability skills
- You will study in our specialist areas with support from our experienced staff
- You will have access to vocational area resources
- You can enjoy the facilities
- We work with other agencies to develop work experience opportunities
- Tutorial delivery/enrichment opportunities and enterprise
- Tailored support provided to meet the needs of individuals
- You must have an EHCP in place
- You must be committed to participating fully in a work placement, adhering to employers policies etc
- Good attendance and punctuality record
- Willingness to accept a suitable job offer.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 513355.
- Voluntary Work
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
“During my Apprenticeship, I figured out that I want to work in digital marketing in the future. The digital aspect appealed to me because I could see a tangible impact on the growth of business, by working with tools such as Google Analytics and social media platforms.”Chole Marriot Business Administrator Apprenticeship
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2022-23 or 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.