If you want to be a music artist or a producer then you can kick- start your career with the Music Technology Level 3 course. You will study elements of music technology, sampling and synthesis, alongside recording and mixing skills. Working in our state-of-the-art facilities at our Roland Academy, you will learn how to use industry standard equipment and technology.
You will have the opportunity to work as technical crew on performances within College, supporting artists from the music performance courses. You will also have the opportunity to mix, record and release songs.
This course is one or two years long; following completion of year one (Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Music Technology) you can progress to year 2 to achieve the full Level 3 Extended Diploma.
You will study a range of topics including:
- DAW production and techniques
- Sound recording techniques
- Synthesis and sampling techniques
- Live sound techniques
- Music technology in context
- Work in the Roland Academy with industry-standard equipment and software
- Gain vital work experience by participating as crew in live public performances
- The course has excellent academic success rates and prides itself on how students secure a range of employment opportunities or move on to study in Higher Education upon completion
- Teamwork is pivotal to the modern music industry and our programme is specially designed to enable students from technology and performance pathways to study together and combine their skills.
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above preferably including Music, English and/or Maths
- A good practical knowledge of your instrument
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
- BA (Hons) in Popular Music Performance and Production at UCR in Rotherham
- A degree course at another establishment
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify for help with your fees.
“College provides me with the skills and experience I need to progress onto university.”Sam Simmons Level 3 Music Performance Former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.