This week is National Vegetarian week, which is all about celebrating and enjoying delicious plant-based food.
To mark the occasion, we’ve rounded up some of our favourite vegetarian recipes. So whether you’re a long-time veggie, a meat-free newbie, a flexitarian, or simply looking for something different and delicious to try, we hope you find inspiration and something you enjoy cooking at home.
Short on time?
If you’re in a hurry, are very quickly descending towards a state of hangry or simply don’t fancy spending too long in the kitchen, these recipes are great to whip up – all in 20 minutes or less.
- Packed with flavour, rich in fibre and filling too; this BBC good food recipe is chock-full with chickpeas – a great source of manganese, which is essential for healthy bones. View the recipe: Indian chickpeas with poached eggs.
- Get a taste of Mexico with these Garlic Mushroom Quesadillas. Enjoy as a tasty lunch with a salad or as a starter for a Mexican fiesta.
- Simple, tasty and fresh – this creamy avocado and rocket pasta is the perfect dish for a sunny day.
Worth the wait
If you do have some available time and feel like putting a bit of love and effort into your dinner then these recipes are perfect to get your teeth into.
- Vibrant veggies and halloumi join together for a patty that packs a punch in Gordon Ramsay’s halloumi, courgette and herb cakes.
- Using less than ten ingredients this spinach and ricotta gnocchi recipe is simple, and both luxurious and light, making it perfect for a weekend dinner dish.
- With its ability to take on many different forms and soak up flavours, cauliflower is rightly hailed as one of the greats in the vegetable world. This Creamy Cauliflower Coconut Curry is delicious as it is as well as a great base to start from to add your other favourite veggies.
- Following the frenzy that surrounded Gregg’s vegan sausage roll last year, we had to include the party buffet favourite. This recipe is super easy and has just two main ingredients: ready-rolled puff pastry and vegan sausages.
- If you’re looking for something a little different, and you have a sweet tooth, this chocolate beetroot cake could be your next experiment. It may sound like a strange combination, but the balance of flavours really does work.
Got a passion for cooking? Why not check out our Catering and Hospitality courses.