This course is taught over two years; however, each year is a separate qualification. You achieve a Technical Certificate in Childcare and Education on completion of year one and a Technical Diploma in Childcare and Education on completion of year two. Our Level 3 Childcare courses will prepare you with the skills and advanced knowledge needed for a career within a variety of settings in the early years industry. You will improve your employability skills by taking part in a work experience placement to put your knowledge into practice. You will complete 400 hours of placement experience with children aged 0-7 years.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Theoretical Aspects of Childcare and Education
- Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Professional Development
- Children’s Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- How Children learn through play
- Understanding curriculums used within Childcare and Education
- Learn from industry-experienced and well qualified tutors who have spent many years in the early years sector, and have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- You will have the opportunity to participate in regular work placements to boost your skills
- Opportunities to take part in cross-college events
- Attend guest speaker sessions with a range of representatives from children’s services, day nurseries, primary schools, special schools and children’s centres
- Links with Early Years settings including nurseries, primary schools, day care, children’s centres, childminders and special schools
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths – at the discretion of the tutors
- A clear Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Two positive references
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
- Foundation Degree in Childhood Studies
- Foundation Degree in Teaching and Learning Support
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You may be required to purchase a polo shirt and black trousers for your work placements as well as the relevant workbook to support your studies.
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2022-23 or 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.