Our Level 2 course in Sport provides industry skills and specialist knowledge of sport, nutrition, anatomy and physiology to support you into employment or further study in the industry. You will also have the opportunity to study additional qualifications such as coaching and emergency first aid.
- Fitness for Sport and Exercise
- Practical Sports Performance
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sport Performance
- The Mind and Sport Performance
- The Sport Performer in Action
- Injury and the Sport Performer
- Carrying out a Sports Related Project and
- Designing Exercise Programmes
- Practical Land-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
Our sports teaching team bring specialist skills and experiences to the classroom, with backgrounds as managers in the leisure industry, as personal trainers and health professionals, and professional sports coaches.
Specialist teaching by our industry-experienced professionals who bring their experiences into the classroom and their teaching.
State-of-the-art, on-site sporting facilities including a sports and fitness centre, multisport cages and AstroTurf pitches, with access to a range of sports equipment and technology including a sports GPS system, timing gates, and Hi Cam Telescopic Mast Filming Systems, used to measure and analyse fitness and performance.
Access during teaching and as part of your course to the near-by Manvers boathouse and lake with access to activities such as canoeing, open-water swimming, mountain biking, orienteering, windsurfing, sailing and raft building.
- Four GCSEs at grade 4 or above or a relevant Level 1 qualification
- A successful interview with a course tutor
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 513355.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will have the opportunity to progress on to Level 3 Sport or a sport or fitness-related apprenticeship.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
“I have met new friends in a great community while studying a practical course that I enjoy.”Bayley Lowe Level 2 Sport Former student at The Laurel Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.