This one-year course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to become a qualified Carpenter. You will be shown how to use a range of specialised woodworking machines and techniques for complex carpentry, develop employability skills and meet key employers in the trade.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work in industry-standard facilities at our Construction Centre
- Learn from industry professionals
- Develop wider skills such as employability and teamwork
- Undertake work placements wherever possible
- Participate in industry competitions and inter-college challenges
- You will be encouraged to take part in enrichment activities such as golf, football and other activities.
- Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery
- Other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
You could progress onto the Higher National Certificate Level 4 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment at University Centre Rotherham or a similar course at another university, an advanced apprenticeship or into employment.
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees.
If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
Whilst you are carrying out work within our Practical Workshops, you will require safety footwear
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.