If you want to learn more about the Childcare or Health and Social Care Industries, this course provides an excellent basis for you to begin working towards a career within nurseries and children’s centres, as a Teaching Assistant or in a range of roles within the health and social care sector.
You will develop care-specific skills and transferable skills which will allow you to move onto your chosen progression route.
- Planning a Safe Childcare Environment, Forest Schools and Child Development
- Making Healthy Snacks when Caring for People
- Communication with Adults and Children
- Keeping Active and Healthy
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Access to work experience placements
- Opportunities to plan and manage fundraising activities for charity
- Guest speakers visits from representatives from the health and social care sector to provide you with valuable insights into the work
- Support to develop your English and Maths skills
- An emphasis on practical- based learning
- Tailored support for your learning needs.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade 2 or above or have successfully achieved another Level 1 course
- A keen interest in the subject and a good school reference
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 513355.
You could progress to a Level 2 Childcare or Level 2 Health and Social Care course.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2021-22 or 2022-23. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.