This course is aimed at those who have an interest in working in front of house in a restaurant or other food and service venues. Throughout the course you will learn skills such as food service, food safety, handling payments, booking, serving hot and cold beverages and menu design. As part of this course you will develop your employability skills by working in our commercial training restaurant on a shift rota.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Maintaining a Safe and Hygienic Working Environment
- Effective teamwork
- How to Prepare, Serve and clear tables
- Barista Skills,
- Cellar maintenance,
- Maintaining the payment point
- Prepare and serve wines
- Practical Beverage Service Skills
Learn from our industry-experienced tutors who bring a wealth of knowledge to their teaching. Gain experience in our commercial training restaurant, The Wharncliffe.
You will use high specification equipment in order to prepare you for work within this exciting industry.
There are opportunities to attend masterclasses and workshops and take part competitions.
You can study barista skills and have the option to study for other industry related qualifications.
- Have a good standard of spoken and written English and hold a Level 1 or Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject
- Be able to multitask
- Be committed, have a good work ethic and be prepared to be flexible and work evenings
- You can study for your GCSE English and Maths alongside this course if you do not already hold the required grades.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next Step button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
Level 3 Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- 19+ Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
A uniform will need to be purchased for before starting the course. A list of uniform requirements will be provided following successful enrolment.
“I enjoy being in a working environment in the college restaurant and serving customers”Anonymous Level 2 Food and Beverage Services Former student at Winterhill School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023- 24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.