This qualification is for learners wanting to learn the basic skills and knowledge involved in electrical installation. The qualification covers a range of basic tasks and underpinning knowledge involved in electrical installation.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Structure of the Construction Industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Electrical installation wiring and terminations
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology
- Work in industry-standard facilities
- Learn from industry professionals
- Develop wider skills such as employability and teamwork
- Undertake work placements wherever possible
- Participate in industry competitions and inter-college challenges
- Take part in enrichment activities such as golf, football and other activities
- Work in close partnership with local businesses
- Undertake work experience and meet with key employers in the trade
- GCSE Maths at grade 4, however other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- If you have not achieved Level 2 in both GCSE English and Maths you will also study Functional Skills or GCSE English and Maths alongside your course
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 362111.
- L2 Diploma in Electrical Installations
- Apprenticeship in Electrical Installations
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
You will be required to have safety footwear and the relevant text book
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 – 25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.