This one-year course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to become a qualified bricklayer. You will be shown how to use a range of specialised brickwork techniques, develop employability skills and meet key employers in the trade.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Repair and maintain masonry structures
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Analysing the construction industry and built environment
- Analysing technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Construct decorative features
- Construct complex masonry structures
- Construct chimneys and fireplace structures
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work in industry-standard facilities at our Construction Centre
- Learn from industry professionals
- Develop wider skills such as employability and teamwork
- Undertake work placements wherever possible
- Participate in industry competitions and inter-college challenges
- Level 2 in Bricklaying
- Other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- GCSE English and Maths can be studied alongside your chosen course
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Higher National Certificate Level 4 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment at University Centre Rotherham (UCR), or a similar course at another university
- An advanced apprenticeship
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
You will require to be equipped with PPE clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.