The Art, Design and Fashion Level 1 programme is a one-year course which is designed to teach you the basics of art, design and fashion. The course is ideal for people who have an interest in art, but have no qualifications in an arts related subject at GCSE or A-Level.
The aim of the course is to provide motivation and inspiration so that you can develop your art and design skills in a wide range of media and materials learning new techniques and processes. You will be supported by specialist staff that will encourage learning and develop your skills leading to independent thinking. The initial part of this course features session in Media and Photography and Games design on a rotation basis to enable you to select your preferred pathway.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Gain knowledge and understanding of different techniques and processes including drawing, painting, print-making, 3D design, fashion and art history
- Work individually and as part of a team for an external client
- Develop your awareness of the world of art and design through practical work and visits
- Develop an understanding of the employment opportunities in the creative sector
- Produce work of a high standard for our end of year exhibition
- On this course you will work with industry-standard facilities and be taught by a range of industry professionals in art, design and Fashion
- You will have access to professional standard art, 3D and fashion studios and equipment
- You will work on a range of exciting, dynamic and challenging briefs, which will encourage you to think creatively and build your skills and confidence across a wide range of art and design subjects
- You will produce work for external agencies, such as working with local care homes to create exciting artwork and resources for residents.
There are no formal requirements but you will need a keen interest in the subject.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
UAL Level 2 Diploma in Art, Design and Fashion
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
Students are asked to purchase an art kit (approximately £40) and to contribute to the cost of gallery visits.
“College has allowed me to focus on something I am passionate about and helped me gain a better understanding of the art industry.”Eddie Barlow Level 3 Art and Design Former student at Oakwood High School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.