We have an experienced teaching team who have a good reputation for ensuring you receive a quality teaching and learning experience.
Not only will you be supported in your studies by the teaching team, you will receive help from our learning-centred staff in relation to academic and research skills.
As the course is validated by the University of Huddersfield, all processes, from admissions through to assessment, are regularly reviewed to ensure that there is compliance with the University’s academic regulations, equivalence in academic standards, appropriate staffing and resources are maintained and that there is a provision of a good quality Higher Education experience for all students on the programme.
- Research Informed Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Becoming a Subject Specialist Tutor
- Being a Subject Specialist Tutor
- Policy and Professional Issues
The course is particularly suitable if you have work experience in industry, business and administration, hair and beauty, social work, health service, uniformed services or armed forces.
- Have a HNC, CGLI Advanced, NVQ Level 3/4 or recognised professional qualification
- Be in paid employment as a teacher or trainer for a minimum of 50 hours per year (100 hours in total) at a recognised training or education establishment. Voluntary teaching/ training may be acceptable (please ask for more details)
- Provide an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and health clearances
- Hold qualifications at Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy (e.g. GCSE, Functional Skills)
- Be able to communicate in standard spoken and written English
- Complete a satisfactory interview
- Provide two satisfactory references
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of this course you could go into employment as a College Lecturer or Teacher, Curriculum Team Leader, a Teacher in Uniformed Services or in learning and development. You could also be a teacher with adult and community learning as well as charitable organisations.
“During my Apprenticeship, I figured out that I want to work in digital marketing in the future. The digital aspect appealed to me because I could see a tangible impact on the growth of business, by working with tools such as Google Analytics and social media platforms.”Chole Marriot Business Administrator Apprenticeship
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023/24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.