This course gives you the competence to work in the early years sector. It will provide you with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children and upon successful completion you can enter the workforce as a qualified Level 2 Early Years Practitioner.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Roles and responsibilities of the Early Years practitioner
- Equality, diversity and inclusive practice in the Early Years settings
- Promoting play in Early Years
- Understand child development
- Learn from industry-experienced and well qualified tutors who have spent many years in the early years sector, and have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- You will have the opportunity to participate in regular work placements to boost your skills
- Opportunities to take part in cross-college events
- Attend guest speaker sessions with a range of representatives from children’s services, day nurseries, primary schools, special schools and children’s centres
- Links with Early Years settings including nurseries, primary schools, day care, children’s centres, childminders and special schools
- Four GCSE grade 3 or above including English and Maths
- You can study for your GCSE English and Maths alongside this course if you do not already hold the required grades
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
Level 3 Childcare
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
If you need further advice or guidance please contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 362111.
You may be required to purchase a polo shirt and black trousers for your work placements as well as the relevant workbook to support your studies.
“My tutors are really supportive. I like learning about a range of in-depth topics relating to my course.”Aimee Winstanley Level 3 Health and Social Care, Former student at De Warenne Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.