This one-year course is designed to provide you with a basic knowledge and understanding of Bricklaying and to help you to develop a range of related skills. You will meet key employers in the trade, undertake visits to a range of companies to boost your learning and also carry out meaningful voluntary work that will enhance your CV.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Understanding Site Procedures in Construction
- Construction of Half Brick and Solid Walling
- Setting out Regular Buildings
- Construction of Cavity Walls
- Basic Trowel Skills and Brick Bonding
- Carrying out Block and Brick Laying Activities
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work in industry-standard facilities at our Construction Centre
- Learn from industry professionals
- Develop wider skills such as employability and teamwork
- Participate in industry competitions and inter-college challenges
- There are no formal entry requirements though you need to have a genuine interest in the area and a practical aptitude for the subject. You will undertake initial diagnostic tests and have an interview before starting the course
- GCSE English and Maths can be studied alongside your chosen course
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Level 2 Bricklaying
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Bricklaying
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify here.
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023-24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.