Apprenticeship in Technical Theatre Level 2
Technical Theatre is part of the Performing Arts Industry and as an apprentice you will begin by training as an assistant lighting and stage technician where you will learn how lighting and theatre can dramatically alter the mood and shape of a performance to delight audiences. You will have the opportunity to progress onto alternative job roles as your skills set develops.
What will I study?
How will I be assessed?
- Lighting and lighting design
- Operating lighting systems
- Working in a theatre
- Working backstage on productions
- Working as part of a team
What added value will I receive?
- Continuous assessment
- Workplace assessment
You will be given the opportunity to develop your functional skills in English and Maths. You will work with employers to gain hands on experience in the industry, using industry-standard equipment and earning a salary while you learn. What can I progress to?
After completing this Apprenticeship, you will be able to move onto employment in the Technical Theatre industry.
What are the entry requirements?
How to apply
- A Level 1 qualification
- Interest / experience in theatre work
- Functional skills at Entry Level 3
There are a number of ways that you can apply to Rotherham College:
If you would like advice or support with your application, please call our Student Services team on 01709 722777.
- If you live in Rotherham, Sheffield or Barnsley and are in Year 11 at school then you can apply using the UCAS Progress common application system. You will need to get a user name and password from your school. Please ask your teacher for more details
- You can apply using our online application form here
- You can also apply using a paper application form that is available from Student Services reception on either campus or can be requested by post by calling 01709 722777 or email email@example.com